Eden Castle is located about 3.5 miles from Banff in Aberdeenshire.
It was originally a Z-plan tower house, built in 1577 by the Meldrum family and then later extended by the Leslies in the 1600s. In 1712 the castle was sold to William Duff (Earl of Fife) and today it lies in ruins. In its day, the castle would have had a cellar and kitchen, above which was the hall and then 2 storeys of bedrooms on upper floors.
Other information is available about this castle from the
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.